Members of the SBI Board
The Board, makes decisions regarding the direction and objectives of the Centre within the scope of the Operational Plan; it decides on matters that emerge and which, according to the Centre Agreement, are decided by the Board. The Board determines the strategic direction of Centre development; promote collaboration among Partners; oversees research activities and ensuring these fit within the framework of the research program; communicating to the Partners; initiating systematic annual reviews of the Centre based on Centre specific indicators; certifying that annual and final reports are signed and submitted; advising on matters regarding the commercialization of results; and authorize and approve the budget, and ensuring that funds and other economic circumstances are managed in an adequate manner. The board also reviews the yearly report from projects, from Stage 3 onwards. The Board promotes the mutual interests of the Partners and will provide to all Partners an annual budget for each Financial Year.
Members of the Board:
- Jan Hillert, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet
- Ylva Engström, Professor in Molecular Biology and Vice Dean for Natural Science Faculty, Stockholm University
- Arne Johansson, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Representative to be announced
- Johan Lundberg, M.D., Ph.D., Centre for Psychiatric Research, Stockholm County Council
- Domokos Máthé, PhD., Mediso
- Magnus Schou, AstraZeneca
- Joakim Tedroff, M.D., Ph.D., Tedroff NeuroCare AB
- Ívar Meyvantsson, CEO Mentis Cura
- Johan Sandin, AlzeCure
- Caroline Kampf, Atlas Antibodies
- Lilian Wikström, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Karolinska Institutet Innovation AB. Lilian Wikström also evaluates new project proposals from commercialization perspective together with the External Experts.
Representative of General Society Interests:
- Janet Hoogstraate, Director Biovation Park, Acturum Life Science, Södertälje and from April 21, 2013 Chair of the Board.
External experts, responsible for evaluation of new project proposals